Recipe by Virginia
I hesitated to enter this recipe, because its just not as good if you use store-bought creamed corn. I use what I freeze each year and its creamed on a metal corn creamer that you can buy from most seed catalogs. Before the creamer my grandmother just used a sharp knife and slit the corn kernel, and scraped the inside out.
- 2 cups creamed corn
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2-1 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix corn, eggs, salt, sugar, pepper, milk and flour.
- Melt butter in 9x13 pan by putting in preheated oven for a couple minutes.
- Pour butter in mixture and stir.
- Pour back in buttered baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes.
- Also you can add 1/2 chopped sweet green or hot chili peppers.