Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
BEST made with fresh picked corn, but canned or frozen may be used. I make this every Summer.. it's fresh, filling and could be vegetarian easily! From Mrs. Appleyard
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup corn kernel, thawed if frozen
- Se oven to 375 degrees. Put 2 Tablespoons butter into 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Place in oven to melt.
- Add cornmeal in medium bowl. Add boiling water, stir with whisk till smooth. Add remaining 4 tablespoons butter and stir till melted.
- In another bowl beat eggs till blended. Beat in milk, then stir in powder, salt,pepper. Beat or whisk into cornmeal mixture, stir in corn.
- Pour into melted butter in baking dish and bake 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 25-30 min longer till golden brown on top.