Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I think everyone has their own 'corn pudding' recipe. This is mine, it's been adapted from a recipe I saw years ago in the Taste of Home magazine. It is a family favorite and a Holiday staple in our house.
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread mix, i use the 'jiffy' one
- 1 medium jalapeno, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a skillet saute onion in butter, until onion is tender, set aside.
- In bowl, beat eggs; add sour cream, both cans of corn and seasonings.
- Add bread mix and stir until blended.
- Fold in sauted onions, jalapeno and 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Transfer to 3 qt baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and serve warm!
Katie, this recipe was so delicious! I made it today for Thanksgiving and it was such a hit! It was so easy to make and everyone in my family loved it, even my dad who's a chef! Thanks for the great recipe!
My kids and I really liked this. It makes A LOT so there was plenty of left-overs. It reheats very well, too. The only change I'll try next time is to decrease the amount of cheese. Where and when are you supposed to use the sugar? Thanks for the yummy recipe. :-)
Katie ,your corn pudding was excellent,my Daughter had some for lunch today ,and said,"this is a keeper." Just the right combination.Thank you,ROSE