Recipe by Lucky Chef
Every Monday is Soup Day at my house. I had some potatoes I needed to use up so this soup was born. I really like meals that I can use what's on hand. This is nothing fancy just a tasty easy soup.
Top Review by lbandbuggy
This was very good, although a tad sweet. It could've been the brand of creamed corn though. Still gets 5 starts because my baby loved it! I cooked it all day on low b/c I work FT and it turned out just fine, and I used light cream instead. I didn't even blend half of it, I just used my potato masher for a few mashes to thicken it up.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1 (10 ounce) can sweet corn
- 4 potatoes, skinned and cut into small dice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 slices bacon, chopped and cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, celery, and bell pepper to translucent in the olive oil.
- Pour all ingredients except heavy cream and whole corn into crock pot.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Blend 1/2 the ingredients in blender and pour back into crockpot.
- Add Heavy cream and whole sweet corn.
- Let warm for about 30 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy.
- I will sometimes add cheese and or sour cream when serving if anyone.
- wants it.