Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was looking for a recipe for a bunch of leftover mashed potatoes from our dinner the nite before and found this one on Allrecipes. This recipe has made its way into our regular rotation for leftover mashed potatoes. It's a quick and easy side dish.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cream-style corn
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil; drop four 1/4 cupfuls of batter into skillet.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining oil and batter.
I made these last year after Thanksgiving. What a great way to use up leftovers!!! Even my picky daughter liked them. Made as is, wouldn't change a thing!!