Cheri Lee's Note:
This is great winter recipe! Comfort food at it's best!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups potatoes, Chopped and peeled
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 5 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1In a dutch oven, stir together water, potatoes, carrots, onion and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3In a medium sauce pan, melt margarine; stir in flour until combined.
- 4Add milk all at once, continuing stirring.
- 5Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly and then cook and stir one minute more.
- 6Add the parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- 7Carefully add the cheese mixture to the soup mixture.
- 8Stir in corn and heat through.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn, Potato and Parmesan Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.9
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 981.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 16.1 g