Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is great winter recipe! Comfort food at it's best!
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups potatoes, Chopped and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 5 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a dutch oven, stir together water, potatoes, carrots, onion and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt margarine; stir in flour until combined.
- Add milk all at once, continuing stirring.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly and then cook and stir one minute more.
- Add the parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Carefully add the cheese mixture to the soup mixture.
- Stir in corn and heat through.