1/2 Photos of Corn, Potato and Cheese Soup
I found this fantastic recipe in a cookbook simply called "The Vegetarian Cookbook". It is creamy and delicious. We usually like food that is super flavored and spicy, but this is delicious, simple comfort food. No crazy spices or herbs, but yummy! I'm pretty sure that between just my BF and I, we ate almost the entire pot in one sitting. It really is that good. Hope you agree! (As a helpful note, I once heard on the Food Network, that you should never cook with a wine that you are not wiling to drink.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 8 ounces potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 14 ounces corn kernels, drained
- 3 ounces gruyere cheese, grated (or cheese of your liking)
- 8 -10 fresh sage leaves, chopped (try to really use fresh...it makes a difference)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- crouton (optional)
- 1Melt butter in heavy-bottom pan over low heat.
- 2Add shallots and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- 3Add potatoes and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle in four and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in the wine.
- 6Return to heat and stir in the milk.
- 7Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- 8Stir in corn, cheese, chopped sage, and cream and heat through gently until cheese has just melted.
- 9Ladle into bowls. Add croutons if desired and garnish with sage.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn, Potato and Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 769.7
- Calories from Fat 543
- Total Fat 60.3 g
- Saturated Fat 36.9 g
- Cholesterol 212.4 mg
- Sodium 212.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 16.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves