1/1 Photo of Corn Pone Cookies
An unusual but tasty cookie with a touch of the South. From an old newspaper clipping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup shortening (not spread or tub product) or 3/4 cup lard (not spread or tub product) or 3/4 cup butter (not spread or tub product)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup banana, mashed (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (your choice)
- 1Preheat oven to 400F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- 2Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3Cut in shortening with a pastry blender.
- 4In a separate bowl, beat egg; stir in bananas.
- 5Blend into flour mixture; stir in nuts.
- 6Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- 7Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Pone Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.5
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.6 mg
- Sodium 88.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 1.3 g