Recipe by Mexi-Rosie
Fried patties made with leftover (or not) veggies are common everyday food in Mexico.
- 2 cups canned corn niblets, drained
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 peeled cleaned and deveined poblano chile (optional)
- 2 scallions, finely chopped including part of the stems
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3⁄4 cup cornflour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- salt, to taste
- oil, enough for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix the corn with the garlic, poblano chili, scallion and cilantro.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in another bowl and then mix them in with the first step ingredients.
- (If the mix looks runny, add more corn flour).
- Form patties and fry them in hot oil over medium heat until golden brown.