Recipe by Kevin Young
Nice little summer side dish. I like with salsa, but whatever condiment you like to use would be good.
Top Review by Rick Young
A tasty dish which I just finished enjoying. The whole kernel corn gave a good texture to the patties. A non-onion lover will probably back off on the size of that particular ingredient. Definitely will make these again. If I was serving four people, however, I would probably double the recipe.
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the corn lightly.
- Add each of the remaining ingredients except for the oil, one at a time, mixing each one thoroughly with the batter.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Drop patties by spoonful into skillet.
- Allow to cook 5-10 minutes, turning once, or until golden brown on each side.
- (Do not turn over too early, or they will fall apart).
- Serve witha little salsa.