Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nice little summer side dish. I like with salsa, but whatever condiment you like to use would be good.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the corn lightly.
- Add each of the remaining ingredients except for the oil, one at a time, mixing each one thoroughly with the batter.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Drop patties by spoonful into skillet.
- Allow to cook 5-10 minutes, turning once, or until golden brown on each side.
- (Do not turn over too early, or they will fall apart).
- Serve witha little salsa.
A tasty dish which I just finished enjoying. The whole kernel corn gave a good texture to the patties. A non-onion lover will probably back off on the size of that particular ingredient. Definitely will make these again. If I was serving four people, however, I would probably double the recipe.
AWESOME! I made these tonight as a side to black bean and spinach quesadillas! Loved the texture; I was concerned that BF might not like them but he did. I thought the onions were great, but then, I love onions! I have no doubt that because this is healthy and budget friendly I'll be making it a lot. I did use two egg whites instead of an egg to make it healthier. Next time I might use some oats or something instead of white flour, just to sneak in even more healthy stuff. But these are incredible as they are!!
Yum! Could be addictive. Cut down on the onion, only because my daughter is not fond of it, used fresh coriander because that was all I had, and used cumin instead of curry powder. Will be making these on a regular basis.