Much easier to make than it sounds. This is a great light dinner for summer or makes a great weekend lunch.
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 -2 tablespoon lime juice
- 150 g frozen broad beans
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 90 g self-raising flour
- 90 g polenta
- 250 ml milk
- 310 g corn kernels
- salt and pepper
- olive oil (for frying)
- Dice tomatoes and avocado a place in a large bowl. Stir in the lime juice.
- Pour boiling water over broad beans and leave for 3-4 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Remove skins and add to tomato and avocado, along with the corriander.
- Place crushed garlic, vinegar and oil in a jar and shake. Add to salsa and mix well.
- To make the pancakes, sift the flour into a large mixing bowl and stir in the polenta. Add milk and corn and mix until combined. Season well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Spoon mixture into pan to desired size. Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
- Serve hot with the salsa.
- Variations- use basil in place of corriander or cucumber in place of avocado.