1/1 Photo of Corn Pancakes With Cheese or Cachapas De Carabobo
Sydney Mike's Note:
Am posting this Venezuelan recipe as part of my participation in Zaar's World Tour 4! NOTE: Recipezaar does not recognize the ingredient 'harina pan' (available in South American grocery stores) which MUST be used in place of the 'corn flour' ingredient!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Puree corn & press through sieve to yield about 3 cups.
- 2To the corn add cream, egg, flour, sugar & salt, & mix well before letting batter rest 15 minutes.
- 3Onto hot griddle or cast iron skillet, pour 1 tablespoon oil, then pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
- 4Fry, turning once until lightly browned & firm on both sides.
- 5Remove from griddle & serve wrapped around a slice of cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Pancakes With Cheese or Cachapas De Carabobo
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.4
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 54.6 mg
- Sodium 289.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 9.9 g