Recipe by mizzlizzita
These little golden nuggets are similar to corn fritters. My family goes nuts over them!
Top Review by Pneuma
these are quick and fabulous! Served them for lunch but I could eat it as is! Browning them as suggested gives them a lil bit of crunch. They were eaten like oysters. lol Thanks! Made and reviewed for Recipe Swap #16
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup flour or 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the frozen corn in a colander. Rinse it until the ice crystals melt.
- Pour the corn into a bowl.
- Stir in the milk, flour or corn meal, salt, and pepper.
- Lay paper towels on top of a plate and set it aside.
- Set a skillet over medium-high heat on the stove.
- Heat the butter and oil in the skillet until the butter is melted.
- Put tablespoon-fulls of batter in the hot skillet.
- Cook until golden-brown. Repeat with the other side.
- Drain the oysters on the paper towels and cover with foil to keep them warm.
- Repeat with the others and serve hot.