Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
These little golden nuggets are similar to corn fritters. My family goes nuts over them!
Make and share this Corn Oysters recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup flour or 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Put the frozen corn in a colander. Rinse it until the ice crystals melt.
- Pour the corn into a bowl.
- Stir in the milk, flour or corn meal, salt, and pepper.
- Lay paper towels on top of a plate and set it aside.
- Set a skillet over medium-high heat on the stove.
- Heat the butter and oil in the skillet until the butter is melted.
- Put tablespoon-fulls of batter in the hot skillet.
- Cook until golden-brown. Repeat with the other side.
- Drain the oysters on the paper towels and cover with foil to keep them warm.
- Repeat with the others and serve hot.
these are quick and fabulous! Served them for lunch but I could eat it as is! Browning them as suggested gives them a lil bit of crunch. They were eaten like oysters. lol Thanks! Made and reviewed for Recipe Swap #16
Very nice and so quick to put together!
These are cool, man, cool!