Recipe by Mommy to 4 kids
My kids favorite dessert for summertime cookouts. It's a winner with family and friends alike. I got the recipe from Family Fun magazine and we had a blast putting this sweet treat together for a neighborhood cookout. Aside from the ingredients you should present the cupcakes using corn holders and corn plates to add that special touch.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (12 ounce) containers white frosting
- 1 (12 ounce) packagewhite jelly beans
- 1 (12 ounce) packageyellow jelly beans
- 24 pieces yellow Starburst candies
- 1⁄4 cup white decorator sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Start by mixing the cake mix, oil and eggs as directed on the box. Place the combined ingredients in white cupcake cups and bake in the oven as directed.
- After the cupcakes have cooled completely, frost with the white frosting.
- Place yellow and white jelly beans on top of the frosting in rows to look like the corn kernels.
- Set three cupcakes side by side in the corn plate.
- Sprinkle the white decorating sugar on top to give the appearance of "salt"
- Microwave a Starburst piece in the microwave for about 8 seconds and stretch it to give the appearance of melted butter. Place this on the center cupcake. Add a corn holder to each end of the cob and serve.