Recipe by *Alia*
Lovely side dish for BBQs. The butter is light and not over powering, perfect combination.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil, lightly packed
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 ears corn, in husks
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter: Put all ingredients in food processor and pulse until basil is incorporated and the butter is light green.
- Transfer to a small serving bowl
- Corn: Pull off dry outside husks; tear several into 1/4-inch-wide strips to use as ties.
- Gently peel back inner husks, remove silk, and lightly coat corn with Lemon-Basil Butter.
- Lay inner husks back in place around corn.
- Tie at top with reserved husk strips.
- Immerse cobs in a large bowl of cold water and soak for 20 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Place on a hot grill for 20 minutes, turning often.
- Serve with extra Lemon-Basil Butter on the side.