Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my mothers recipe. Once you try it you will never eat corn on the cob the same old way again. It is DELICIOUS!!!
- Break corn into halves.
- Cook corn as you normally would.
- In the meantime, In a small saucepan melt butter until it starts to turn brown.
- (this is very important, butter MUST start to turn brown).
- Cut lime into 8 pieces.
- When corn is done put into a large bowl and pur brown melted butter over it.
- When you are ready to eat, squeeze lime over you piece.
We like this so much we ended up making it three nights in a row this weekend!
A beyond 5 stars recipe!! I have made this the last 2 yrs .. this is my "go to" now for cooking corn on the cob.. what a wonderful combination.. big hit in this house! thanks for posting this recipe!!
Wow...whodda thunk brown butter and lime would be so yummy on corn on the cob?!? We just planted a lime tree and now will have another use for the limes, besides margaritas!Unfortunately, fresh corn was not available at the store so had to use frozen cobs and it was still delicious! I can't wait to try this on fresh corn.