Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
- kosher salt
- 6 ears corn, shucked
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 6 medium garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tablespoon aleppo pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt heavily, as you would pasta water. Drop the corn and white sugar in the pot and cook for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a kitchen towel to drain.
- Prepare the butter: In a small saucepan, gently melt the butter. Use a small whisk to incorporate the brown sugar, garlic, and aleppo pepper. Simmer for a few seconds, stirring until it forms a paste. The butter will try to separate, keep whisking to hold it together.
- Roast the Corn: Lightly brush the ears of corn with the butter mixture on all sides. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast until they start to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with the remaining butter.