Prep 4 hrs
Cook 40 mins
When we go camping or at home, we have an old cooler we fill with water.We buy corn and soak it in the husk in the cooler. We made this for our friends about 10 years ago and this is the way they do it now.We have a lot of corn like this at night time around the firepit.
- Soak at least 4 hours in water or overnight.
- You can also cook this on the bar-b-q.
- Drain excess water and place on grill; turn over about every 15 minutes.
- (Takes about 40 minutes to cook.).
- When you take it off the grill, pull the husk back but don’t break it off--the silk will come off easy.
- Use the husk as a handle and roll the cob in butter.
Delicious, perfectly cooked! I did it on the grill, for 15 mn. turned it, left for 20.
We fix corn like this all the time when we are grilling. Years and years ago, at a campground, some folks had tons of corn, and had dug a pit in the ground, and put charcoal in it, and after it was really hot, they layered it somehow with something wet, added the corn,in the husks, layered a layer of wet stuff on top, and cooked it that way... the whole camp ground was invited to a corn fest. It was wonderful!
Grilled this corn tonight- amazing how the silks slide right off! It was tender & delicious.