Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is my absolute favorite summer time dish. To get the true taste you MUST use every thing fresh. I just can’t explain the overall wonderful fresh taste of this dish. I could live off this forever.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh corn, cut from the cob (4 ears)
- 1 cup sliced fresh okra
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook first 3 ingredients in butter in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until tender.
- Add the tomatoes; bring to boil, then reduce the heat and simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil again.
- Reduce heat and simmer 9 minutes or until the corn is tender.
Absolutely delicious! Used fresh corn, fresh tomatoes & fresh okra. I did omit the pepper however, as we are not big fans of green pepper, and I sliced the okra pretty thin, to help ensure it's tenderness. Thanks for the recipe--we'll be making this again!
Excellent recipe! I did have to use my frozen okra and corn (cut off the cob) that I put up last summer. It was delicious. I love the combination. I served this with some wonderful Louisiana hot sauce on the side. Thanks for making me think it is summer!