Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A pastry recipe calling for neither butter nor shortening, but oil instead.
- Mix flour and salt together, then gently mix in oil, then water, with a fork.
- Mixture should be moist.
- Place half the dough on a sheet of wax paper (if you slightly dampen the bottom of the wax paper it won't slide around on the countertop) and cover the dough with a second sheet of wax paper.
- With a rolling pin, roll the dough out to fit your pie plate.
- Peel off the top layer of wax paper; place pie plate over pastry and invert so pie dough is evenly in pan.
- Pull off the wax paper and trim dough.
- This recipe makes two pie crusts.