Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
I discovered this recipe recently and knew I had to share it right away. These are wonderful when you're hosting a party, from BBQ to Fish Fry - recipe doubles easily. I'm guessing on cook time - I didn't watch the clock close enough.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 1⁄2 cups corn (fresh cut off the cobb)
- Cut corn off cobbs and set aside.
- Mix eggs until thick and creamy.
- Mix in remaining ingredients and fold in corn.
- Drop rounded teaspoons into 375º deep fryer and fry until golden brown.
- Stir often to allow all sides to cook evenly.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot with a side of your favorite ranch dressing.
Easy to make and good flavor. The batter by itself taste a lot like funnel cake. We doubled the corn as we went to make them "cornier"