Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shucked corn
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (optional)
- Preheat oil to 400 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Toss in the shucked corn.
- Using a fork, stir in the egg.
- A little bit at a time, mix in the liquid until the dough forms a ball.
- Let sit for 10 min, then check to see if it needs a bit more liquid.
- You are aiming for a very stiff, but not at all dry, dough.
- Shape into balls, and drop a few at a time into the oil.
- Fry until golden brown.
Absolutely wonderful!! Had these for breakfast with eggs, toast, and fried ham. I REALLY loved them with maple syrup on top. I will definitely be making these again. Thanks for the great recipe!! ~Manda
Delicious! My first attempt at this recipe proved successful. My batter wasn't stiff at all, and it still turned out great. My picky wife even ate some!