Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a real shortcut recipe! It is economical, quick and tasty. Kids love it.
- 1 can cream-style corn
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 cup spaghetti, broken into 2 " pieces (uncooked)
- 1 cup cheese (Monteray Jack or other stringy cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a buttered cassarole dish.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 30 minutes.
This is a favorite of one of my frequent guests (a friend's daughter). Each time she stays with me, she requests this. I usually use sharp cheddar cheese and sub frozen corn for the can of whole kernel corn. I also omit the jalapenos. This easy dish is definately a kid pleaser.
I baked your tasty recipe on a rack in my roaster oven to go with Easter dinner. (Oven taken up with a huge ham). Big hit with the kids! Like you suggested, I covered first half hour and uncovered second half hour,(uncovered just the casserole dish not the roaster) stirring occasionally. I did not use the jalapeno peppers and used only a bit of dried onion (to please the grandchildren.) Thanx, Bergy!
I made with a garlic jack cheese and canned green chilies instead of jalapeno. DH and I really liked this one. It is very versatile-could use almost any type of cheese with a variety of peppers or chilies depending on your heat tolerance level. Thanks for such a nice recipe. I will maike again.