Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found recipe online and had to try it. Originally from "Aysgarth Station B&B" We thought it was a great tasting recipe and easy to make. We made it in a 12 quart roaster oven by multiplying by 5.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 slices crisp bacon, crumbled
- 12 ounces canned clams, chopped (two 6 or 8 oz.cans)
- 1 ear of corn (fresh off the cob recommended)
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup flour (to thicken)
- Saute chopped onion in butter.
- Add everything else EXCEPT flour.
- In measuring cup, mix flour with a little bit of warm water to dissolve it.
- Add mixture to pot and bring just to boiling.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- If you want a thicker base, add a little bit more flour. Serve with oyster crackers, fresh bread, and/or a salad.