Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found recipe online and had to try it. Originally from "Aysgarth Station B&B" We thought it was a great tasting recipe and easy to make. We made it in a 12 quart roaster oven by multiplying by 5.
- Saute chopped onion in butter.
- Add everything else EXCEPT flour.
- In measuring cup, mix flour with a little bit of warm water to dissolve it.
- Add mixture to pot and bring just to boiling.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- If you want a thicker base, add a little bit more flour. Serve with oyster crackers, fresh bread, and/or a salad.