Recipe by lazyme
This is a really simple soup to throw together with leftover chicken or turkey. I like to add some herbs or Mrs. Dash to jazz it up a bit. From Favorite Chicken Recipes.
Top Review by Linda's Busy Kitchen
Very easy to prepare and get on the table, and a great dish to use up leftover chicken. You could also used canned chicken in this recipe and it would work well... The soup is delish! I added some butter for added flavor, just as I do with my chowder recipes. Gives it a great taste and added dimension to the soup. I used low sodium chicken broth and watched it on the salt and added lots of pepper. I loved the combination of the chicken and corn... Delicious flavors. I didn't add the bacon in with the recipe. I just sprinkled some on top before serving. Also, I thickened it up right before serving, as I served it in homemade bread bowls. YUMMY! Thanks Lazyme for sharing with us! Linda
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, pared and sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can evaporated milk (or more)
- salt and pepper
- parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown bacon in a large saucepan; remove with tongs and crumble onto paper towels; reserve.
- Pour off all but 3 tablespoons bacon fat.
- Saute onion in bacon fat 5 minutes; add sliced potatoes and chicken broth to pan.
- Bring to boiling; lower heat; cover pan; simmer 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Add diced chicken or turkey, cream-style corn and evaporated milk.
- Bring to bubbling; taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into heated soup tureen and top with crumbled bacon and parsley just before serving.