Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here's an easy, ultra moist, muffin recipe that will become one of your very favorites. The addition of fresh blueberries make them extra yummy adding color and a little more sweetness. Instead of oil I used a combination of yogurt and mayonnaise. I like to use my LARGE 6-cup muffin tin which I find makes them much more moist. I've never made them in a smaller tin. NOTE: If you use frozen blueberries, be sure to defrost them in warm water then drain well before using.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, beat egg with agave syrup, yogurt and mayonnaise.
- Sift dry ingredients into the egg mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Spray a large 6-cup muffin tin with butter spray and fill 2/3 full.
- Press fresh blueberries into each cup and stir lightly to blend.
- Bake at 400F for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Serve with softened butter.
I thought these were pretty and had a nice texture. They were a little too sweet for us, but would be better paired with breakfast/ brunch instead. I liked that the recipe was for 6 muffins and utilized yogurt. I used greek yogurt and fat free mayo with good results. Made for PAC 2014.