Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
From a cookbook called "A Taste of Heaven".
- 10 ounces can cream-style corn
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 16 ounces whole kernel corn
- 2 ounces swiss cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Stir flour into cream-style corn. Add cream cheese and onion salt.
- Heat over moderate heat until cheese dissolves. Stir mushrooms and whole-kernel corn in hot mixture.
- Stir in Swiss cheese.
- Pour into greased 1 1/2-quart casserole. Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile toss bread crumbs with melted butter and chill throughly. Uncover casserole and top with cheese chilled crumbs.
- Return to oven and continue baking another 20 minutes.