Recipe by Derf
Compliments any BBQ, great taste!! from Canadian Living mag.
Top Review by Sarah_Ont
These muffins taste great! They were quick to make and the instructions are bang on. I lightened them up a little bit by using low-fat egg substitute instead of real egg. My only complaint about these is that they are pretty small muffins. Next time I might try making them in the cake pan and see if I get bigger squares out of the recipe that way. But they're still worth it for the great taste - not too sweet and not too grainy!
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup finely shopped sweet red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- In small bowl, beat together buttermilk, oil and egg, stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Stir in red pepper.
- Spoon batter into well greased or paper lined muffin cups, filling each two thirds full.
- Bake in 425f degree oven for 15 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Or bake in 8 inch square baking pan in 425f degree oven for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- cut into squares to serve.