Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
I love the addition of the sweet corn in this recipe. This is on the sweeter side of corn muffins. They go wonderfully with tomato soup.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sweet corn, canned or 1⁄2 cup cooked corn
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Sift the flour, cornmeal, sugar and salt into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center and pour the buttermilk, buter and eggs inches.
- Stir just until combined.
- Fold in the corn.
- Pour into a lightly greased muffin pan, filling each cup half way.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes at 400 degrees then turn the pan and bake for 6 more mnutes.
These muffins were great! I cut the recipe in half but other than that followed the recipe and everything turned out great. Made for Please Review My Recipe cooking game.
Made these tonight to go with chili. I quartered the recipe and got 5 muffins. For dietary reasons I had to make some changes: for the buttermilk I used 1/2 Tbsp of lemon juice in 1/2 cup Silk Unsweetened Organic Soy Milk, 1/8 cup of Eggbeaters for the egg, and for the melted butter I melted Smart Balance with Flaxseed Oil spread. I used drained, canned sweet corn (about 1/4 cup worth). I misread the cornmeal part and don't have self-rising cornmeal so I added 1/2 tsp plus 1/8 tsp baking powder to 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal. I followed the rest of the recipe as stated. I'm not sure what the "inches" part means in step 2, so ignored it. Mine needed to cook a bit longer than stated, though (almost 9 mins more), but the muffins turned out well-risen with a crispy top and cooked through and golden. Bf thought these were okay and I thought they were pretty good. I like sweet corn muffins and these weren't overly sweet imo. Thanks so much for sharing! :) Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.