Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Breads of the World. These can be frozen after baking.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, freshly grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine cornmeal, sugar, flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until blended.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden.