From Cooking Light. I don't always make the butter, but I do always double the chili powder and jalapenos.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels or 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons jalapenos, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup flour, about 4 1/2 oz
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Melt one T butter in a large skillet over med-high. Add onion and garlic; cook 2 min, stirring occassionally. Add corn, jalapenos and 1/4 t salt; cook 2 minute Remove from heat; add 2 T butter, tossing to melt.
- 3Combine flour, remaining salt, cornmeal and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine buttermilk, eggs, and egg white in a large bowl. Add onion mixture to wet ingredients. Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until moist.
- 4Spoon batter into 15 muffin cups, either greased or lined. Bake at 400 for 20 min or til light brown. Cool in pan 5 min then completely on wire rack.
- 5Combine remaining butter, lime juice and honey in a small bowl. If using unsalted butter season to taste.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Muffins With Jalapenos and Lime Butter
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.2
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 41.2 mg
- Sodium 293.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 3.8 g