1/5 Photos of Corn Muffins With Jalapenos and Lime Butter
From Cooking Light magazine. You can make this hotter using habanero instead of the jalapeno.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, and divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk (fat free is fine)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1Preheat oven to 400º.
- 2Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat; Add onion and garlic to pan; cook 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 3Add corn, jalapeno and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add 2 tablespoons butter, tossing to melt.
- 4Combine flour, remaining 3/4 teasopon salt, cornmeal, and next 4 ingredients (through chili powder) in a large bowl.
- 5Combine buttermilk, eggs and egg white in a large bowl.
- 6Add onion mixture to buttermilk mixture. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- 7Spoon batter into 15 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pan 5 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely.
- 9Combine remaining 3 tablespoons butter, juice and honey in a small bowl; stir until well blended.
- 10Serve with muffins.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Muffins With Jalapenos and Lime Butter
Serving Size: 1 (1186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.4
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.8 mg
- Sodium 302.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g