From Cooking Light magazine. You can make this hotter using habanero instead of the jalapeno.
Make and share this Corn Muffins With Jalapenos and Lime Butter recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, and divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk (fat free is fine)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat; Add onion and garlic to pan; cook 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add corn, jalapeno and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add 2 tablespoons butter, tossing to melt.
- Combine flour, remaining 3/4 teasopon salt, cornmeal, and next 4 ingredients (through chili powder) in a large bowl.
- Combine buttermilk, eggs and egg white in a large bowl.
- Add onion mixture to buttermilk mixture. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon batter into 15 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pan 5 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely.
- Combine remaining 3 tablespoons butter, juice and honey in a small bowl; stir until well blended.
- Serve with muffins.