Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are very easy to make and great when eaten warm with melting butter.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup pecans or 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Grease the muffin tins.
- Mix, in a medium bowl, cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and white pepper.
- Add cheese and nuts.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Add milk and melted butter.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the liquid mixture.
- Stir until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for ten minutes.
- Let the muffins sit in the tins for a few minutes before removing.
- Let cool on wire racks.
Really good, I also cooked them a little longer. Great taste and texture. I added extra pepper and a little ginger.
Thanks for sharring.
really good muffins! i did have to cook them for 7 extra minutes, but they turned out great, both warm and cool.