1 hr 5 mins
America's Test Kitchen
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices bacon, chopped fine
- 10 scallions, sliced thin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons . unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 1Adjust oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- 3Fry the bacon in a small skillet over med-high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in the scallions, salt, and pepper; cook until the scallions are heated through, about 1 minute.
- 5Transfer the mixture to a paper-towel lined plate; let cool.
- 6In a bowl, whisk the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- 7In another bowl, whisk the sour cream, milk, sugar, melted butter, and eggs together until combined.
- 8Gently fold the sour cream mixture into the flour mixture with a rubber spatula until just combined (do not overmix).
- 9Gently fold in the bacon mixture and 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese.
- 10Using a greased 1/3 cup measure, portion the batter into each muffin cup.
- 11Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar over the tops of the muffins.
- 12Bake until golden brown and a pick comes out with just a few crumbs attached, 15-20 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the baking.
- 13Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes, the turn out onto a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Muffins With Bacon and Cheddar (America's Test Kitchen)
Serving Size: 1 (1398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.2
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 79.7 mg
- Sodium 447.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 9.6 g