Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. The best of the muffins at Kenny Rogers Roasters
Make and share this Corn Muffins Like Kenny Rogers Roasters by Todd Wilbur recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cream together butter, sugar, honey, eggs, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add flour, cornmeal and baking powder and blend thoroughly. Add milk while mixing.
- Add corn to mixture and combine by hand until corn is worked inches.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and fill each cup with batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Perfect with vanilla cinnamon whipped honey butter served along side John Gambill's Texas 4-meat Chili Con-Carne!! We love 'em!
My children loved this recipe, especially my oldest son who said it deserves a 10 star rating. Thanks for posting.
These were great. I doubled the recipe and used 1 cup of honey and no sugar. I used the smart balance 50/50 for the butter. I also used a whole 16oz bag of frozen corn. We really loved them. Thank you !