Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. The best of the muffins at Kenny Rogers Roasters
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cream together butter, sugar, honey, eggs, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add flour, cornmeal and baking powder and blend thoroughly. Add milk while mixing.
- Add corn to mixture and combine by hand until corn is worked inches.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and fill each cup with batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Perfect with vanilla cinnamon whipped honey butter served along side John Gambill's Texas 4-meat Chili Con-Carne!! We love 'em!
My children loved this recipe, especially my oldest son who said it deserves a 10 star rating. Thanks for posting.
These were great. I doubled the recipe and used 1 cup of honey and no sugar. I used the smart balance 50/50 for the butter. I also used a whole 16oz bag of frozen corn. We really loved them. Thank you !