Recipe by Sharon123
I saw this made on Quick Fix with Robin Miller and it's such a neat idea I'm posting it for you!
Top Review by CheCheCherie
How clever! These were great as written but I have since tweaked them with taco seasoning and sharp cheddar cheese and served with Taco soup! YUM! I've shared the recipe with a friend who has a catering company and she has gotten rave reviews every time she uses it! Thanks for sharing!
- cooking spray
- 1 (7 ounce) box corn muffin mix (recommended ( Jiffy)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (7 ounce) jar chopped pimiento
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 6 poblano peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions, adding cheese, pimentos and cilantro when you add other ingredients.
- Arrange poblano pepper halves on prepared baking sheet and fill each pepper with an equal amount of corn muffin mix.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in 1 muffin comes out clean. Serve and enjoy!
- For Vegetarian do not use Jiffy corn mix. It contains Lard [animal fat].