Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I saw this made on Quick Fix with Robin Miller and it's such a neat idea I'm posting it for you!
- cooking spray
- 1 (7 ounce) box corn muffin mix (recommended ( Jiffy)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (7 ounce) jar chopped pimiento
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 6 poblano peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions, adding cheese, pimentos and cilantro when you add other ingredients.
- Arrange poblano pepper halves on prepared baking sheet and fill each pepper with an equal amount of corn muffin mix.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in 1 muffin comes out clean. Serve and enjoy!
- For Vegetarian do not use Jiffy corn mix. It contains Lard [animal fat].
How clever! These were great as written but I have since tweaked them with taco seasoning and sharp cheddar cheese and served with Taco soup! YUM! I've shared the recipe with a friend who has a catering company and she has gotten rave reviews every time she uses it! Thanks for sharing!
I love them! And we like spicey hot food so I added fresh diced Jalapenos and garlic to the corn muffin mix. I used green and red pepper cups and after baking sliced them into rings and topped with cheese...popped under the broiler and served them at a Superbowl Party....they were the first to go! (Picture is before the cheese and broiler >
AWESOME! Every once in a while, a recipe comes along that just makes you say, WOW! This was one of those for me. DH and I both agreed this was an easy five stars and then some. Easy to make, fantastic presentation, and the peppers added great flavor to the cornbread (and poblanos aren't spicy - even my two-year-old ate this). Leftovers were just as tasty as the first night. I chose not to use pimentos since I don't care for them. I used just three peppers, but this did make the filling overflow slightly; I believe four peppers would be perfect. This was served with another keeper - Chipotle Chicken Skewers With Creamy Cilantro Dipping Sauce; the two combined made for an exceptional meal! I'll never make corn muffins any other way!