Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
How about a fast way to get your corn muffin fix? These whip up in about 5 minutes and they are great for when you are by yourself and just want a little taste!
- 44.37 ml unbleached flour
- 44.37 ml yellow cornmeal
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 3.69 ml baking powder
- 0.59 ml salt
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- 29.58 ml milk
- 9.85 ml butter, melted
- 4.92 ml yellow cornmeal
- In a small bowl stir together flour, 3 T yellow cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Stir together beaten egg yolk, milk and melted butter.
- Add all at once to the dry ingredients, stirring just till moistened.
- Line two 6-ounce custard cups with paper baking cups.
- Fill cups 2/3rds full.
- Sprinkle a little additional cornmeal atop muffins.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power about 45 seconds or till done, rearranging once. (When done, the surface may appear moist but a wooden pick inserted near the center should come out clean.).
These are amazing. I have a microwave corn bread that is prepared similar to these muffins. I loved how incredibly quick and easy these are!!!! I also loved that it only made 2 muffins. The muffins are soft and moist. 1 tbsp sugar was a touch too sweet as a meal corn muffin (instead of a dessert type corn muffin) for my likings, but that is easily adjusted. These muffins rose nice and high. I will definitely be making these again!!!!
This is so easy and really quick! I love the idea of making just 2 muffins from start to finish in under 5 minutes. Butter in place of the oil I think would make for a much more tasty muffin.