How about a fast way to get your corn muffin fix? These whip up in about 5 minutes and they are great for when you are by yourself and just want a little taste!
- In a small bowl stir together flour, 3 T yellow cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Stir together beaten egg yolk, milk and melted butter.
- Add all at once to the dry ingredients, stirring just till moistened.
- Line two 6-ounce custard cups with paper baking cups.
- Fill cups 2/3rds full.
- Sprinkle a little additional cornmeal atop muffins.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power about 45 seconds or till done, rearranging once. (When done, the surface may appear moist but a wooden pick inserted near the center should come out clean.).