Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are great crumbled into stew or pinto beans. They have just enough sugar, and are not overly sweet.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Grease a medium muffin pan (12ct) well with crisco.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Mix egg and milk in a seperate bowl.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry.
- Stir in oil.
- Pour equal amounts into each muffin.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
A great little corn muffin, the sweetness was perfect for my family. Served with a bowl of chili they tasted great warm from the oven.