Recipe by Valeriana
These are a quick, tasty alternative to regular ol' corn muffins! From time to time, I'll toss in about a half cup of cheddar cheese and sprinkle some on top just to add a bit of extra kick:)
- 2 2⁄3 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a big mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine milk with butter.
- Add milk and butter mix to the cornmeal mixture, whisking gently until just combined.
- Toss in green onions.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown.