Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderfully simple side-dish that tastes very similar to Chi-Chi's corn cake, which I have been missing so much since our Chi-Chi's closed:( Could also be served for breakfast, with maple syrup drizzled over top...mmm!
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole kernel corn (some liquid drained)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar (approximate)
- In large bowl, combine first four ingredients well.
- Stir in corn muffin mix.
- Pour into 9x13-inch pan.
- Drizzle melted margarine over top and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 55-60 minutes.
This was soooooo good. My husband turned up his nose at first, because he thinks he only likes my cornbread recipe, no other version, etc. I made him taste it and he was hooked. Again, he used his famous line to our children "there's something wrong with this - no one else should eat any". Thanks so much for sharing.
It's been so long since I've been to Chi-Chi's so I can't really compare this recipe to theirs...not that it matters, because it tastes so delicious! The sugar adds just the right amt of sweetness to the mixture (not too sweet), at first I was afraid to use the sour cream but I followed your recipe exactly...all I tasted was the corn, so so good and easy too! Definitely a keeper, THANKS :-)
This was pretty good and a nice side to my chili--but I expected something with a little firmer and more cakelike texture--though it has been a very very (very) long time since our Chi Chi closed! A good flavor, but a little too much like mush for me... Maybe I did something wrong?