Recipe by Biohazard
this is an easy Moussaka recipe that tastes great and suits the international taste. I found this in a magazine more years ago than I wish to say. It's even better warmed up.
- 1 (17 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained. (fresh corn is even better)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream-style cottage cheese, with chives,drained
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread corn in an ungreased, shallow 1 1/2 qt.
- casserole dish.
- In a skillet, brown ground beef; drain off excess fat.
- Add flour; cook& stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato sauce, garlic salt and cinnamon; pour over corn in dish.
- Bake@ 350 deg.
- for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs& cottage cheese; spread over meat mixture.
- Top with parmesan and mozzarella.
- Bake 10- 15 minutes more.