Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 -3 peppercorns (kali mirch)
- 1 piece cinnamon stick (dalchini)
- 2 cloves (laung)
- 2 cardamom (green elachi)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup fenugreek leaves, chopped (methi)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet corn
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Wash the rice and keep it aside.
- In a vessel add 2cups of water and bring it to a boil.
- Heat butter and oil in a pressure cooker, add in the peppercorns, dalcini (cinnamon), laung (cloves), elaichi (green cardamoms) and onion and fry for some time.
- Then add methi leaves, corns and haldi (turmeric) powder and stir for a few seconds.
- Finally, add the rice and 2 cups of hot water along with salt and perssure cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening.
- Serve hot with fresh curds and papad.
this is cool..you've written the hindi name of all spices..now it'll be easier for me to hunt for them in my granny's super organised kitchen!lol...thanks