Prep 8 mins
Cook 6 mins
A pressure cooker pulao.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 -4 peppercorns
- 1⁄2 inch cinnamon stick (12 mm. piece)
- 2 cloves
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup fenugreek leaves, chopped (methi)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet corn
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Wash the rice and keep aside.
- Put 2 cups of water to boil.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pressure cooker, add the peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and onion and fry for some time.
- Then add the fenugreek leaves, corn kernels and turmeric powder and stir for a few seconds.
- Finally, add the rice and 2 cups of hot water along with salt and pressure cook for 1 whistle. Allow the steam to escape before opening.
- Serve hot with fresh curds and papad canapes.