Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dish is guaranteed to please.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) canwhole baby corn, rinsed and drained, halved
- 1 (11 ounce) canyellow and white whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can white shoepeg corn or 1 (11 ounce) can white corn, drained
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 -5 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 leaf lettuce (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar and oil. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cool completely. In a bowl, combine the corn, red pepper, onion and celery. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir well. Serve with a slotted spoon in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
- Country Woman.