Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My recipe for yummy Cajun corn.
- 16 ounces white shoepeg corn (frozen)
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup onion (diced)
- 1⁄8 cup celery (diced)
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper (diced)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh tomato (diced)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon basil
- In a large skillet, melt butter and add flour, stirring until a paste forms.
- Add garlic,onions,celery and bell pepper.
- Saute until tender. Stir in tomatoes,corn, garlic, oregano and basil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with green onions and parsley.
Very good. I would add for taste some cayenne pepper to give it a little kick. Thanks, Cajun Paul
This was really pretty good, lots of flavor, and pretty on your plate. The next time I fix it, I will use bacon grease instead of butter and add some Tony's to season it with. It seemed to lack the kick I'm used to with Cajun food. Thanks for the recipe