Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Corn cooked with a cajun flavor
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 3 cups fresh corn, cut off the cob (6 ears)
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk, if needed
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced Ro-Tel tomatoes
- zatarain cajun seasoning
- Saute onions, bell pepper in melted butter until they are wilted.
- Add corn to the above mixture.
- Cook well stirring constantly.
- When it begins getting sticky add milk until cooked.
- Get ready to stir some more.
- Add diced Ro-tel and stir some more.
- Add Zatarain seasoning to taste.
- (When cutting corn off the cob, cut twice; first half the kernel, then the next half, then scrape the milk off the cob.) Crawfish is excellent when added to this dish.
- This is an easy recipe to freeze.