Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
An Asian inspired chichen salad served in crisp wonton cups. Great finger food. Almost as much fun to make as they are to eat.Adapted from Carole Peck's The Buffet Book
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 1⁄8 cup minced fresh garlic clove
- 1⁄8 cup fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons dried lemon grass
- 1 1⁄4 lbs roasted chicken meat
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout, chopped
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 cup finely chopped jicama
- 1 cup finely chopped scallion
- 1 cup finely chopped mango
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup chopped basil leaves
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 50 small wonton wrappers, about 3 inches square
- Combine all marinade ingredients. Marinate whole chicken for 12-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300°F Bake chicken in marinade for 75 minutes.
- Combine all salad ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brush mini muffin times for small amount of vegetable oil or spray with vegetable cooking spray. Place one wonton sheet in each opening, pushing down in center to form a cup. Bake about 5 minutes until cups ar golden.
- Fill wonton cups with salad.
I took the basic idea of this recipe and made several variations on it based on what I had around. So I guess this rating is based on this being a great idea, because what I made turned out wonderfully!