Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This "minimalistic" salad goes with just about anything under the sun! The zip of raw onions and the tang of lemon compliment the fresh sweetness of corn perfectly. Enjoy this tastebud tickler :)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels or 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1⁄4 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 medium lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaf, chopped
- If using frozen corn kernels, cook them in a medium bowl in the microwave for 3 minutes on medium power (650 watts).
- If using fresh corn kernels, cook them for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Season the chopped onions with the salt and pepper.
- Add the seasoned onions to the bowl of corn and mix well.
- Pour the lemon juice over the corn-onion mixture and toss to coat.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve, or refrigerate for 1-2 hours and serve cold.
It's nice, chilled is even better, but the onions were the cause of it not being extremely tasty. May I suggest you add few chopped olives instead of the onions. Otherwise, it was indeed a tongue tickler.
I loved the idea of this one, but was disappointed with how it came out. I'll experiment with the idea in the future -- but with some major changes. The lemon flavor was sharp and overwhelming, instead of fresh and crisp. Maybe less lemon, or different spices would work better.
This was simple to make and tasted wonderful. I added some chopped roma tomatoes and bell pepper. SUPERB